Tel. 604.853.6096
Fax. 604.853.8749

Unit A10-33733 King Rd,
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
V2S 7M9
BD-Power Forums | WELCOME TO OUR CLUB! >> BD-Power Forums >> General Topics
FAQ Members List Search Mark Forums Read

2006 Dodge Tachometer

I hope general, non BD questions are permitted in this section.
Has anybody else had any problems with their '06 Dodge Tach? It will show 2 or 3 hundred RPM when it is idling. I just bought this truck from a local Dodge dealer. I would like them to correct the problem. Am I just dreaming?
Any ideas on where the problem lies?

Hi Hank

There's a couple things that could cause that. We've seen the Smarty SSR tune do that to a couple trucks, it's possible that another tuner could do the same. If you have a tuner try setting the truck back to stock, updating the tuner & reloading it.
It's also possible that the gauge cluster has gone bad, a dealership or a shop with a Chrysler scan tool would be able to confirm that. If the engine runs fine this would indicate that the crank sensor (which feeds the tach) is fine.

Hope this helps
Cam

I do not use any tuners. I don't know about previous owner. The truck run fine. The tach has also been working correctly the last few days. We will have to wait and see if the problem comes back.
Thanks for your help.

The dash cluster having problems in the 2006 Dodge diesels is a known issue. As yours, it usually shows up as a tach failure.

I don't know if Dodge ever issued a TSB on the issue but I would take it back to the dealer & see if they will cover part of the replacement cluster cost.

I'm sure the dealer will say that it's not a common issue but a search on any of the large Dodge Cummins forums will show otherwise.

ATS 3K/5K Twin turbos. DDP 50HP tips, F1 valve springs, ARP headstuds.
SBC Dual disk 3250. Smarty. Glacier Diesel intake plate, air horn, fuel & filter system.
MBRP S.S. muffler. BD short shifter. Brakesmart tow controller.
BD exhaust brake. Pullrite 24k Superglide.