Tel. 604.853.6096
Fax. 604.853.8749

Unit A10-33733 King Rd,
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
V2S 7M9
BD-Power Forums | WELCOME TO OUR CLUB! >> Ram Cummins >> Engine Performance
FAQ Members List Search Mark Forums Read

upgrading from twin tow kit

I currently have the tow twin kit on my truck. I just converted truck to p7100. and with all that fuel I think I may need more airflow. Is it possible to just upgrade the one charger? Or will that kit be ok with that setup.

Yes, upgrading the primary turbo is what you need to do. This will turn your setup into our R700 twin kit, which supports up to 700hp. Your current tow twins are designed to support up to 575hp so you're probably pushing the edge of what they can do. The upgrade kit includes the new turbo and the other necessary pieces so it'll be a simple bolt-in upgrade. Our PN for the R700 upgrade kit is 1045423.

Cam

Last edited by Cam @ BD : 12-15-2011 at 19:01.

Can my turbo be upgraded or do I need to purchase new.If Mine can be sent out and modified what is the turn around time. Its my daily driver. Please let me know Thanks

Last edited by joefuss21 : 01-15-2012 at 17:00.

Also my other quest is with the R700 kit will I still be ok for towing?

Turn around time in our turbo shop is usually a day or two, plus whatever the shipping time is. I spoke with Bruce in our turbo shop and he says there isn't really any room to grow as far as the existing primary turbo goes, the best thing to do is just replace it with the upgrade kit. The larger turbo will slow down throttle response a bit, but I have a number of customers who tow heavy with the R700 kit & they say the decrease in pyro is well worth it.

ok thanks for the info. what is in the kit is it just the turbo? If not what else has to be changed

The kit has the turbo itself, and new oil drain tube and oil supply line as these won't interchange from your existing turbo. There is also a reducer sleeve and clamp as the inlet is a differnt size and hardware kit for relocating the heat exchanger on the side of the engine as the larger turbo interfere's with it, so it's a fairly extensive kit. Check out the R700 install manual on the website for details.