Toll Free. 1.800.887.5030
Tel. 604.853.6096
Fax. 604.853.8749

Unit A10-33733 King Rd,
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
V2S 7M9
BD-Power Forums | WELCOME TO OUR CLUB! >> Ford >> Engine Performance
FAQ Members List Search Mark Forums Read

I'm not quite sure what to say. Being in the auto repair business and working for an independent shop, we are expected to provide detailed explanations of what's wrong with a customer's vehicle and a reasonable correction that we took that will ultimately cure their problem. After working with a couple of techs that originally came from dealers (didn't last long at our shop), I don't have much failth in their knowledge, skills, and quality of work. Unfortunatly, when it comes to warranty coverage, you don't have much of a choice. Even warranty repairs are just patchwork and aren't to the standards that most people would expect.

I guess I shouldn't be too harsh because my experience with dealers and their techs is kind of limited and it's not fair to sterotype all of their techs this way, and I'm sure there are quality techs at dealers, but this is just my opinion. A lot of this might be driven by the dealer's shop bottom line. When it comes to the average customers experience about repairs done at a dealer (almost any dealer), it seems that this the opinion of the majority also.

I can see that an issue with the wiring to the EBP sensor or brake module would cause your problem, but not to have a definite answer as to what actually was the cause. It doesn't inspire much confidence to have a shop give the truck back to you saying it's fixed and it's your fault, but can't give any kind of explanation.
1993 GMC K2500 6.5 T.D. VIN 'F', 4L80E, 4:10
AFE cold air intake, 3" exhaust w/ downpipe, 241k miles and still running strong.
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician w/ Advanced Levels Auto Engine Performance & Electronic Diesel Diagnosis
Now currently out of the auto repair trade and into ammunition manufacturing !

Last edited by DieselDude : 06-23-2007 at 06:58.

I agree with you DiesekDude. I have lost all my confidence in this dealer. Like I've said before they sell and service a lot of diesels and they are a big dealer. I feel they riped me off because they seemed so upset that I had an exhaust brake. I was totaly up front with them when I brought it in. If the problem comes back or when and if I ever have problems I am going to use an independent shop since getting any kind of warranty work from Ford is out the door. It was my belief that the dealers were the only ones that know how to work on these trucks. But I am now learning that is not true. As I always say to myself, Live and Learn. Thanks for all your support.

have someone run an oasis report for you it may say what was actually done.