Tel. 604.853.6096
Fax. 604.853.8749

Unit A10-33733 King Rd,
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
V2S 7M9
BD-Power Forums | WELCOME TO OUR CLUB! >> Ram Cummins >> Engine Performance
FAQ Members List Search Mark Forums Read

No Power and engine running in 4 Cylinders

I have my 2005 Dodge Ram with no Power and the engine fill like no all the cylinders are working. The Computer show the following codes

P1756 Shift Solenoid B Performance
P0202 Injector Circuit mal function Cylinder 2
P0201 Injector Circuit mal function Cylinder 1
P2149 Fuel Injector Grp B Supply Voltage Circuit Open
P2146 Fuel Injector Group 1 Supply Voltage Circuit

Any Idea

Thanks,

Ariel

With those codes and an engine running rough it sounds like you either have a computer issue and it is not firing the injector, or solenoid problems with the injectors and they are not firing correctly. Either way you should get it fixed asap. If you have an injector hanging open it can burn through a piston in a hurry.
pat@bd-power.com

2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Edge Juice CTS, Volant Air intake and 4" exhaust.

1993 VW Jetta 1.9l TD. Pump Modified 2.5 exhaust, cold air intake. 160hp

Do you have a fueling box that connects to the injector harness? If so, disconnect it and see if that helps. It's possible for such a box to go bad and cut out the injector circuits. Check the connections at the injector connectors on the outside of the valve cover and make sure the pins in either side of the connectors haven't backed out.
1993 GMC K2500 6.5 T.D. VIN 'F', 4L80E, 4:10
AFE cold air intake, 3" exhaust w/ downpipe, 241k miles and still running strong.
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician w/ Advanced Levels Auto Engine Performance & Electronic Diesel Diagnosis
Now currently out of the auto repair trade and into ammunition manufacturing !

I remove the edge box and conect all the harnes back. I check all the conectors and the problem persist. I take voltage on the harnes (the plug that connect to the injectors and the plug for injectors 1 and 2 have no voltage the plug for the injectors 3 and 4 have 2.7 volts on it. I check for continuity on all the pins of each conectors and the plud for 1 and 2 have continuity on 2 of the pins and the other plugs no.

I think that I have no signal from the computer to the injectors 1 and 2.

I clear all the codes exepty the P0202 this one persist.

Thanks,

Ariel

P0202 is a problem with the low side control circuit for injector #2. The Cummins ECM operates the injectors in two different banks of 3; Cylinders #1,2,&3 are Bank 1, Cylinders #3,4,&5 are Bank 2. The ECM provides a high voltage (approx 80V) on the high side driver for each bank, then controls each injector individually via the low side driver circuit. If there was a problem with the high side driver, you'd lose cyl #3 along with #1&2. You need to check the wiring circuits between the ECM and injectors #1&2.

You might want to try hooking your Edge back up, but leave the stock injector harness intact and isolated from the Edge. With your Edge, clear the codes and road test. See if the problem persists. I have a feeling that it is the Edge that's causing a failure on the injector circuit. You might have to clear the code, with the circuit intact, in order for the ECM to re-enable the bank of injectors.

If you want to PM me with your e-mail address, I can send you the wiring diagram for the injector circuits.
AFE cold air intake, 3" exhaust w/ downpipe, 241k miles and still running strong.
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician w/ Advanced Levels Auto Engine Performance & Electronic Diesel Diagnosis

I check al the circuits betwin ECM and Injectors and are fine. I remove the valve cover and check the wirind betwin the plug and the injectors and are fine too but the solenoid on the top of injector all of them have continuity except the # 2. I remove # 2 injector to replace it.

Thanks for your help.

Ariel

Finaly I replace an Injector #2 and the problem was solve. Thanks to every one that help in special to Diesel Dude.

Your welcome Ariel. Glad you're running again .